From:
Jim Osborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 15:51:56 -0800
>Good luck in your quest for the everlasting bottom board.  Please
>let me know if you find the secret.

Well, having just a few hives, and a boating background, I've been
planning to make some teak bottom boards.  Weight isn't a concern
for a bottom board, of course, and teak is pretty nearly impervious
to moisture, and sunlight, and all the rest.  It's impractical for
a large commercial operation, but for the hobbiest, they should
last forever.  I suppose one could also use larch, or yew, if
available.