From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:08:55 +0100
Dave Green wrote:

>   So, Dr. Stefan Stangaciu, I challenge you to show me that your ideas can
be
>put into a workable, sustainable, profitable, system of gaining your
>livelihood from the bees (IN TODAY'S CONDITIONS, not some rosy-colored
>memories of a bygone era), then you'll get my attention and a lot more
>respect. Right now, you have offered nothing but opinion, and it comes out
180
>degrees from the collective experience of those who make their living from
the
>bees, so it doesn't wash.

    Hello dear Dave,

    There are already several people which are making a very good living
from organic beekeeping.

    They are getting a lot of money (usually double) for bee products
obtained from beehives treated not with chemicals, antibiotics, fed with
sugar or pollen supplements a.s.o.

    Two of these items, very well sold are "raw, pure honey" and "medicinal
honey".

    On the other hand, all over the world, the "organic" movement is more
and more well appreciated by all customers.

    Nobody likes to know that even our bees, a symbol of purity and Nature's
quintessence, are forced to obey to the chemical industry rules.

    Countries like Germany, Switzerland where this "organic" movement is
really big, have already knowledgeable customers.

    I believe that all dirty tricks made by SOME (fortunately not many)
beekeepers, tricks like honey adulteration with sugar or corn syrup,
over-heating to maintain fluidity etc., etc. will be no longer "secrets" for
mass media.

    The honey's contaminants/residues related information will be, sooner or
later, free to be known by EVERY customer.

    Modern future laboratories will offer quickly the full analysis of ANY
type of honey.

    I wonder what will happen then with all those beekeepers which do not
care so much about the honey's quality, but mainly about their income? I
believe they will go bankrupt IF they will replace not quickly their old
methodologies with the new "biological/alternative" ones

    I may be wrong with the above ideas, but what will happen, with most of
the "classical" beekeepers, if I'm not...?!

    Best wishes,

Stefan.