From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:29:08 -0400
Randy I'll second this
FWIW I have 3 consecutive zero nosema tests
yet all my hives have ccd symptoms (now down to 16 + 12??)

The two that threw 100 bees at -12C are deadouts, ~5 cups corpses
Tests june24(11 hives), jan20, mar15 (snow angels)
The Mar15 test cost $8, saves having to buy expensive fumidil

Yet another 'embarrassing' symptom
The feces of ccd bees are extremely stinky
No wonder the chickadees don't eat the abdomen

I've been in some dairy barns (a few %) malodorous
like this, but this is worse

In the second half of winter the dysentry picks up,
probably another symptom

dave