From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2017 10:14:00 -0400
She doesn't come right out and say it, if that's what you mean. But how else is one to take this statement:

> Honeybees have large colonies and have become invasive in all regions outside of their Old World origin.

I took it from the standpoint of native pollinators. I think it's fair to point out that from a native pollinator point of view, European honey bees are an invasive species.  In the case of honey bees, we don't technically classify them as invasive because of their value to humans as pollinators.  As such, we can ordain any species of perceived value into the realm of domestic livestock where they get protected status. But that doesn't change anything in terms of their effect on the ecosystems they impact.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT
Northeast USA