From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:43:39 +0000
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream will eliminate the use of ingredients from glyphosate-dried crops:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ben-and-jerrys-weedkiller-ice-cream-discovery-a7993086.html

Why?  See:

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/glyphosate-cancer-data/

...and then read:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/weed-whacking-herbicide-p/

<https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/weed-whacking-herbicide-p/>entropy-15-01416.pdf

http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416/htm

My extensive training as a physiologist makes this a no-brainer for me:  Humans should avoid glyphosate consumption meaning they should not eat crops treated with glyphosate, especially for "drying" purposes.  But what about bees?  Does glyphosate harm bees?  There are mixed reports:

https://entomologytoday.org/2015/10/13/glyphosate-acetamiprid-low-toxicity-honey-bees-2/

http://www.honeysolutions.com/roundup-what-impact-does-this-herbicide-have-on-bees-and-food/

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/jexbio/218/17/2799.full.pdf

Christina