From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:36:06 -0400
>  The honey won't be sitting in extended contact with the aluminum rather just dripping past it.  So is there any real safety or flavor risk with bare aluminum and acidic honey?

I think you answered your own question. It doesn't contact the aluminum for a significant amount of time. Extractors used to be made from zinc, iron, etc. and that is considered bad these days, but if the honey never stands in the tank, it's a bit of a non-issue. The benefits of fresh honey far outweigh the infinitesimal risk of metal taint. I worry more about plastics...

Pete