Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:52:12 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
> James Fischer : >I conclude from the above that Robin has never tried peyote, psilocybin
>> mushrooms, opiates, any one of a dozen different members of the 
>> Myristicaceae (nutmeg) family of psychedelic plants, or ayahuasca.  Gosh,
>> that's just what comes to mind offhand as having memorable side effects.<
> 
> Correct. I have not really lived.
> However, all the above presumably have well known side effects, which is why James yielded to temptations he should have know better to resist at his age. Perhaps he was re-living his youth and wearing his college tee shirt?  
> My point on the constituents of ApiHerb,  being herbal, are that the side effects are also well known. And in the case of 'dried vegetable plants, natural essential oils, vitamins of the B complex, dextrose' , lIkely to be harmless and not likely to result in resistance. Whereas the side effects of manufactured chemicals are not always so well known. 
> So we should be cautious about manufactured chemicals but could show more interest when a herbal formulation is marketed that some tests have shown to reduce nosema spore counts in  bee guts.
> 
> Again I ask, has anyone tried ApiHerb against nosema? Does anyone know of better testing than the three studies that can be found by googling ApiHerb? 
> 
> I am assuming myself that antibiotics kill bacteria, whereas herbal treatments perhaps simply alter the gut environment to make it less hospitable. But are plausibly equally effective as a control. 
> 
> Robin 

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2