From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:06:05 -0400

...and Peter Borst said:

> The above statement contains at least one error:
> The grant was not given to Cornell for AHB research.
> The idea is to develop non-AHB stock for distribution.

...and the grant is not ALL going to Cornell.  Read the press
release cited by Peter:

   "The director is Nicholas W. Calderone, Cornell assistant
   professor of entomology, and he is assisted by project
   scientists Walter S. Sheppard of Washington State
   University in Pullman and Jeff Pettis of the
   USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Bee Research
   Laboratory, Beltsville, Md. Other supporters of the
   program include the USDA Sustainable Research
   and Agricultural Education program, the USDA
   Northeast Integrated Pest Management program,
   the New York State Department of Agriculture and
   Markets and the Organic Farming and Research Foundation."

This is exactly the sort of interaction between the extension,
university, and Federal people that we should be happy to see.

        jim