From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 23:03:02 +0900
Whilst I am always pleased to see a beekeeper tackle the direct marketing of
his product I doubt that it is a good idea to start by filling 2500 honey
bears.  A market this size requires a little practice to handle, not only in
the requirements for labelling but in selecting honeys and processing so as
to postpone candying for a reasonable shelf life.

Start small and local so that marketing problems can be solved on a small
scale rather than incurring the risk of having your product judged
unacceptable and returned.

Is there a local beekeeping association you can join to learn the tricks of
the trade?

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island