From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2011 20:58:39 -0500
> I lived at Hacks (in my RV) for the week of investigation. I met a lot of
> new people but I don't remember seeing you. Sorry. :)

You didn't as I am always in the background. Although I done over 20 bee
magazine articles and have kept bees over 50 years have you ever saw me give
a presentation? I have been asked plenty of times. Offered money to present!
I am a recluse! I learned from my mentor Horace bell that you learn more at
meetings by listening than by speaking.

If not for the articles and BEE-L I doubt the beekeeping world other than
the beekeepers which seek my advice would even know I exist! Those beeks
when faced with problems recommend me many times as a problem solver . I
have a rep for honesty in giving advice (even if it pisses the beekeeper
off).
The USDA was given a chance to
look at a problem. All we were interested in was their findings. hack
reported to many large beeks the daily progress by cell phone.

 After all,
> wouldn't it be silly to skip around and NOT establish a baseline?

My thoughts exactly Dick! However David A. had the closest bees I believe
and he said NO samples were taken. Jerry has been silent up to this point in
the discussion but all I have ever heard was the other yards of bees were
only "looked at" and the beeks were only "talked to"'

Can you find out Dick for sure and better yet have a copy of those results
sent to me naming each beekeepers yards?

If samples were taken and sent for analysis then I would love to see the
results. Are those samples still in Jerry's freezer as jerry said the CCD
working group would not pay for analysis of all his samples from the time
period?

Peter is always talking about  his connection to Penn State. Can you find
out
and get me the results of the testing of the yards around Hack? David Adams
bees?
Thanks in advance!

Tracking a few colonies of mine, even heavy
> loads of spores did not bring the active phase of the disease.
> Because something is there, doesn't mean much.

I have a few years now of working with beeks with N.C. issues . perhaps more
experience than all members of the list and observing nosema issues in
several states.

High nosema ceranae spores counts in all samples is serious.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

> M. Higes made a good case for Nosema Ceranae being the sole culprit. I
> sent
> you the paper where it was proposed that four treatments were needed to
> kill
> it. This was in 06. Time marches on.

M. Higes has provided me with valuable information to get a handle on N.C.
in my operation and help others. Dr. Mussen has also provided valuable help.

"With all due respect"
If I did not know better I would say (based on the comments on N.C. posted)
that none of you have ever observed nosema ceranae in *advanced stages *
killing bees. I have. Bees go off feed and drown in feeders.

> A lot of things were advanced but things move on. The latest growing edge
> seems to be Jerry's findings.

I admire Jerry but not so!
Those controlling CCD funding have pulled the
plug on his research. he has had to look elsewhere for funding. I have said
always I wish jerry could get the funding he has asked for
I would like to comment on the person blocking jerry's funding but the post
would not pass moderation if I said what I would like to say and point
fingers!

>To stay with KBV+Nosema-C seems to ignore him.

Actually we are closer *in my opinion*  than ever before in what we think is
going on!.

I believe that Jerry has now come to the opinion than Nosema C. is serious
part of the CCD issue
(which if you look at posts from back then he did not believe)

I believe KBV is the problem virus and although Jerry *in my opinion* may
not believe KBV is the problem virus and instead his virus of choice is
different * I believe* we both are in agreement than N.C & a virus issue is
the baseline for what we call CCD.

I would rather Jerry respond to the list himself as I do not want to speak
for Jerry.

Jerry?

bob