From:
Alan Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 08:02:53 -0400
I started beekeeping this year.  I didn't have problems keeping the grass
cut around the hives in the beginning.  I would mow early (7AM) and the
bees didn't mind it.  However, I now have difficulty cutting the grass with
the now established hives.  I am aware you shouldn't hit the hive with the
mower.  Does the sound, vibration or smell of the gasoline lawnmower cause
them to become angry?  What is the best time and method to cut the grass
around hives?