From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:40:18 -0500
On 7 Nov 99, at 16:02, Richard Bonney wrote:

> What is Polaroid J film?
>
> Is it still available today under that designation?
>
> The Edmond Scientific consumer catalog lists polaroid film. It does not
> specify kind or type, just generic polaroid. I suppose a phone call to
> them might bring all the answers but I thought one of you might know.

Polaroid Film is a product for taking photos on, with instant built
in processing to be used in Polaroid cameras.
        What you're looking for is 'polarising' film. This is used in the
camera industry in front of lighting sources or in front of camera
lenses. The best description of it's purpose could be that it
straightens out light rays.
        Bearing in mind the purpose, a better idea might be to find a
photograher with a good polarising camera filter, held in front of a
back lit jar and on turning it (the filter), the polarising effects
will be apparent.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.L3V 6H1.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre,
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>