From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:14:27 -0700
Hi all

I wrote:"One question though! Does adding the apistan to
the
methodology mean the bees will always have to be doped with
it or something else stronger down the road?"

Blane White replied:
No.  It allows one to keep enough colonies alive to
continue selection until the treatment is no longer needed.
 In other words it allows one to breed for resistance and
get there without loosing most of the
colonies along the way.

I now ask:
So how does one then successfully stop the treatments and
get the residues out of the colonies? Since it probably
cannot be done overnight, can you explain the steps for
successfully accomplishing this? I don't want to seem
picky, but clean pure honey, what with the china scare
staying in my mind, and I am sure others's also.

Also is there a way for backing off of coumaphos
successfully too?

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby