From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2017 09:38:21 -0500
Sorry Gene,  I hade this typed up,  didn’t realize I hadn’t sent it yet.!

And also used by those of us with years of experience with it.  Hardly a "garbage" term.

It is in this application,  and how its bantered about,  which was my point,  that I can't seem to get across.   If you use the term to describe something your doing as preventive ,  then its great term.  But that’s not how its used,  in this case or in pesticides in general  Its used as a term to describe what you (not you in particular) have no knowledge or understanding of.  Such as the case I made with mite treatments.  To any logical thinking outsider almost all of our mite treatments are completely prophylactic in nature.  And in this case we use the same word to apply to "a large group" of people who are using antibiotics for feed.  But  they have data and documents showing that there is a benefit in the vast majority of cases,(obviously some are not documented)  yet we as completely non invested or educated outsiders use that prophylactic term,  as a term to show we are smarter than them and they just wasted something.  Its not true,  it’s a complete stretch of facts to further the writer/speakers point.  As its being used here IMO.  Just as Solomon Parker swears every beekeeper out her who treats is ruining the worlds bee populations,  proclamations Like the one we are debating  are very loosely related to facts.