From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:58:01 -0500
Now I understand about having a few good cycles of treated brood come off
before wintering.

Let me play devil's advocate again here, tho', regarding all that nice
honey the bees will be collecting while the strips are in place.  This will
cram the brood chamber well with stores (a very good thing after all).
Come spring when you super (& reverse) much of that will be moved above
into supers.  So you still end up with honey collected while treating with
miticide.  Yes/no/maybe?  A certain well known professor over at 'the
University' has told me that he knows many beekeepers are leaving the
strips in even while hives are supered.  Spring and again fall.  Tsk tsk...
Has there been any news that residues have been found in honey?

Thanks for the clarification.  I can say this: a few years ago I helped a
commercial (sortof) beekeeper harvest the crop and then in October we went
around to put strips in (actually cow collars, I'm not sure if it was
fluvalinate).  By that time a great many of the colonies were either
decimated (gone!) or severely weakened to the point that there was no way
they would survive.  A truly pitiful sight.  That was his last season with
bees.                       Sounds like there was some interesting
discussion at the recent NY meeting.