From:
Ron Bogansky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:14:00 -0500
Hello All,
I was looking at some back issues ('92, '93) of BC and ABJ.  I noticed ads
for uncappers that used rotating brushes or chains to remove cappings.  The
appeared to be hand loaded and did one frame at a time.  They were much less
expensive than what is on the market today.  I believe one was from Dadant.
 I don't see them in recent issues.  Did they not work?  They seemed to be
an alternative to the larger and more expensive units and would work for
someone with less than 100 colonies.  I would think they were probably
faster than hand uncapping.  Anyone have any experience with them?  Is
anything like that still available?

Ron Bogansky
Kutztown, PA