From:
Gordon Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 18:17:33 +0000
On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, BusyKnight wrote:

> >About 5 years ago, Dr.Medhat Nasr and the Ontario Beekeepers Assoc.
> >formed The Ontario BeeBreeders Assoc. a loose group dedicated to breeding a
> >Trachael (T mite) resistant strain.
>
> Isn't this what Brother Adam claims to have done back in about 1920?

Yes it is and he succeeded well. Buckfast queens and indeed most
UK raised queens are very resistant to T-mites _in_the_UK_.

The trouble is, attempts to breed from UK queens in the US doesn't
(didn't?) seem to have been able pass that resistance on into the US.
I have wondered if the strain of T-mite was also different from that
found here.

Regards,
--
Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]   Hampshire, England.
               Beekeeper; Kendo 3rd Dan; Sometime sailor.