From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:30:52 -0400
Here in Minnesota we've had an early spring with extreme-exceptional drought in the NW part of the
state and normal precip in the SE portion of the state.

Most beekepers in central and southern part of the state are reporting a monster honey season.

We've had just enough rain here in central MN to keep forage plants alive. A decent flow started
around 6/20 and still has not let up with 120-150 pound averages common.

I hear locally that the honey crop is so poor in the Dakota's that some beekeepers have pulled out
early. Also hearing wholesale prices of $1.25 and up with what appears to be a small US honey crop
for 2006.

At least prices may be up for those with a small crop.