From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 01:57:10 EST
On Fri, 1 Nov 1996 04:09:00 GMT Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>>This is my first year in beekeeping and I have yet to master the use of
my
>>smoker.  I can get a fire going producing good smoke, but by the time I
>>pull my gloves on, the smoker quits. Any advice on correct procedure
here?

I got one for ya...

   A friend cheats.  He fills his smoker with one inch blocks of wood.
(Dunno what kind...)  He then whips out his trusty propane torch and
fires the thing up for a minute or two!  And he only uses one match!
After that thing is lit, it lasts him all day!  (He has a metal bucket he
leaves it in (still lit)while travelling to the next beeyard!)

   Sorta makes my boyscout genes turn right over.  :-)

Have a goodun!

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, Illinois, USA