From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:09:20 -0500
Huguet - Sumner wrote:

> To Anyone,
>     I can't find in my books anything about workers polishing cells. I =
> have heard the term and I think it has something to do with preparing =
> the cells for a new queen or making the cells ready for a queen to lay =
> in them.
>     Can a beekeeper tell the difference between a polished and an =
> unpolished cell?
>    =20
>     Thanks, Sandy Sumner
Hi Sandy,
The only research i have have read is U.S.D.A. research which say your
tax dollars were used to research this very subject. The research was
done only on worker cells to my knowledge. 45 minutes the U.S.D.A. says
is the average time a worker bee spends pollishing a cell for the next
egg. I have allways felt this was excellent research and money well
spent. When the research was  properly applied my beekeeping has
improved. Hope i have helped!
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison