Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1993 21:07:00 +1200
For actually killing waxmoths, I agree with the extreme cold.
Any commercial fruit coolstores that you could rent (assuming you
have quite a few boxes to do?)

One method, not so commonly used now, is pa   based on the idea that
the moths almost aways enter a stack of superfro  (oops..bear with me,
i don't know how to use this editor!) supers from the top (DO THEY???).

Storage area for the boxes of combs was in a drafty room with slatted
floor with very small mesh (flyscreen).  With air current coming up
through the stacks of boxes, the idea was that moths would not enter
them.

Wasn't there research some years back re: banging on the side of the
hive at dusk to make bees attack the bo  moths/larvae????  Baton Roughe?

I am a very critical speller.  It pains me to send out a posting that
looks like this!!!!  I should do it off line, eh?

          Nick Wallingford
      Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
 (East coast, N Island, New Zealand)
     Internet [log in to unmask]