From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:39:22 -0400
I am confused by the title of this post.

Maybe Kim is referring to the fact that Checkmite and Apistan are still being offered for
sale and we do have OVERWHELMING concrete evidence that these materials damage
drone and queen reproductive health and accumulate in brood comb and combine
synergistically to be even more dangerous.

Seems to me that some people in our industry only want to believe the science that fits
with their own group think echo chamber.

I am completely disgusted at the persistence of a group of very visible beekeepers and
associated industry people that are keeping the Imid smoke screen burning while a real
problem is ignored.

Someone please explain to me why this would not be in the best interest of our industry?
We don't need any more studies, don't need a grant either - just a grass roots effort to rid
our industry of fluvalinate and coumaphous residues in honeybees, wax and honey in the
USA.

Seems like the industry fiddles with bedtime stories about Imid while Rome burns........