From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:32:40 -0800
>Do not remember if we have seen this paper:  A Four-Year Field Program
Investigating Long-Term Effects of RepeatedExposure of Honey Bee Colonies
to Flowering Crops Treated with Thiamethoxam

Juanse, I had heard that this study had been done, and last year requested
and received the original rough rough drafts in French.  Of course, the
study will be discounted by the anti neonic crusaders, since it was funded
by Syngenta (because no one else wants to pay for such studies).

In any case, I found the original drafts to be of interest, since the
researchers had a difficult time in obtaining healthy hives from local
beekeepers in order to set up the studies.  Seems that the local beekeepers
keep a lot of diseased colonies.  I've noticed that this is a common theme
in many European studies--the colonies there are often plagued with every
sort of disease, poor queens, etc.  My apologies to those beekeepers in
France who actually take care of their bees.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA