From:
Bill Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:00:56 -0500
I am curious to know what types of pumps are in use to pump liquid feed.
I use a 4.9 GPM Sur-flow 12 volt pump to pump sugar solution through a 100
foot hose.  I run the pump off a marine battery independent of the truck
and have an inline filter (T-Jet) placed in front of the pump intake to
pick up any particulates.  The hose is mounted on a hose reel and I use a
200 gallon 'tote' for the liquid feed.  I use an aluminum gas nozzle to
dispense the feed.  This set-up works pretty well but my pump is nearing
the end of its useful life and I would like to go with a higher volume 12
volt pump.  The only problem I have with this set-up is purging air from
the line from the tank to the pump when the tank gets low and the sugar
solution sloshes around.  I installed a 'T' with a cut off valve on the T
that allows me to purge the air, so that solves the problem most of the
time.  Does anyone have suggestions on higher volume 12 volt pumps?

thanks,
Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC