From:
Sid Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 01:34:20 -0400
>I have some frames of honey that are only 80% capped and a few that are
only
capped on one side.
Will this affect the honey when extracted?
Can I keep it in a warm room to let some of the moisture evaporate and if I
do will this help?
 I have read that uncapped honey will ferment and also that it can cause
dissentery and do not want either.<
The easy way out is to spin the combs gently in the extractor without
uncapping them.  Notice I said gently.  This honey can then be set aside
for early consumption.  I run twenty  plus stocks so can have quite a lot.
I turn it into mead or give it away with the warning eat soon.
Keeping it in a warm room may make matters worse.  If your climate has
reasonable humidity the honey will take in water rather than give it up.
The golden rule for the hobby beekeeper is once off the hive get the honey
into the extractor as quickly as possible.
Unripe honey usually has an excellent flavour.  Just right for cornflakes
and coffee.  It certainly won't give you dysentery.  If you keep it until
it is fermenting strongly you would not want to eat it anyway.          Sid
P.