From:
heather gamper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:03:27 +0000
Privet usually refers to plants in the family Oleaceae (Olive family), particularly in the Genus Ligustrum but there are several other plant genera
within Oleaceae that have the common name privet. I received a plant from a beekeeper to plant in my yard that she called privet
and it is not even a member of the Oleaceae family!, which makes me think that privet is a very general common name. It might be best
to try and look up the plant in a field guide and try to get an idea of what group it is in, before we try to compare apples and oranges. I have
also read that the Ligustrum privet can harbor a fair number of scale insects and aphids, which if comparing the same privet species one
might get floral nectar vs. insect honeydew as a forage that could contribute to differences in the honey? just a thought.

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A