From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 20:29:38 -0400
Randy challenges:

"And you have yet to answer my original question:  if 96% of the parent
compound and metabolites are broken down to CO2 in 72 hours, how can you
maintain that the binding is "irreversible"?  I don't understand,
Christina, why you continue to dance around this trenchant question.  You
are a neurophysiologist, and I am asking you a straightforward question
regarding neurochemistry."

So Randy, what dose do you think it takes to be toxic to neurons?  Is it the dose that is applied, or the dose that is measured when the bees die?  How many molecules do you think are required to bind to ACh receptors for neuronal damage?  Shall we figure this out, as it might not be the dose the researchers started with, which was arbitrary?  I'm willing to work on this. What about you?

Christina