From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:14:42 -0400
Well I for one cannot fault Bob for sharing information on treatment
of Nosema ceranae even if it comes to us as off label advice.  I kind of
doubt there is much chance of his ever getting sued for what he said here
on Bee-L.  On the other hand if it comes down to having to follow that
advice in order to keep my bees alive I am pretty sure I would have to let
beekeeping go for a while, at least until a better solution arrives or a
resistance to Nosema ceranae is established in honeybees.  Aside from the
expense and work of all that treating with Fumagillin or Fumadil, it seems
pretty likely that some of it would eventually wind up in the honey.  Good
clean honey, the wonderful, sweet product of nature is what I am after, and
hold the antibiotics please.  If I have to, I will treat according to the
label in the fall when I am really sure the stuff won’t be around when the
blackberries come into bloom.  If that doesn't work well I guess I'm out of
luck.  I treated in the fall without knowing if I had any problem.  Before
I treat again I will get that microscope and test my bees.

Steve Noble