From:
Michael Housel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:10:17 EDT
I use a 300 mm telephoto lens with Macro and 800asa film.  I can still follow
bees and have a focus field that is large enough to get the picture of
blossoms and bee.  It is not computer ready and you have to develop film and
scan into computer.  I have a microscope connected to the computer for the
internal parts that don't run around.  (K wings)  Movie cameras give you
interesting film as you can get intereactions on still camera.  Obversation
hives give you the inside movement when glass is used, pelixglas will grain.
I have used both glass and plastic on the observation hive.  The plastic is
on the inside and I slide it out leaving the glass to photo thur.  Lighting
should be a spot reflection. Flash can give you light refractions that are
missed in the focus.  Bellows lens give a camera a very short focal length
and can only be used if super glue is used.  Strobes can be used to get the
wings in action to increase the 800 asa film to the 2500 to 5000 speed.  Bees
in water will give you the turbulence movement of the air with a DC battery
light. Photograph art shows with the flowers and a bee can be an excellent
education tool.  If I can be of help email me direct for other applications.
Michael Housel