Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:23:45 -0500
I know little about pollen and followed the different posts on this with
interest. Because of my ignorance, I decided to go back to the books so got
out my Hive and Honey Bee to read a bit about pollen. I came away with the
uncomfortable impression that some of those posting about pollen have about
the same amount of knowledge I had before I opened the book.

Just a quick read about ash content, minerals, proteins, amino acids,
nutritive value, bee bread, longevity, and differences between pollens
(pollen is not uniform between plants) is enlightening and suggest would be
helpful to the discussion.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine