Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 01:46:23 +0000
Fifteen hives given traps randomly scattered around the site of 40 hives.
No I didn't use a random number generator.  I did not weigh the supers as
they came off.  Simply that there was no visual difference in the
performance of the hives, or indeed the nucs.  Full of brood, full of bees,
full of honey.

no worries,  I was just trying to understand the basic concept.  I find that approach problematic here.  in testing "prevention issues"   the vast majority of hives never do become a problem,  so how does one test something?  if the yard doesnt have issues,  then did my treatment work?  or random luck?  that has been a problem with teh math all along for me in evaluating  things.   So instead I have waited until problems arrise in a yard,  then trying to catch up.  not a great plan,  but it seems to be working in learning anyway.  For example i psrayed nematoads in 20 yards this season.  Two of them developed sever problems  2 others moderate,  so were they a failure  or a success in the other 16?  in this case I say they were a waste this season.Fully agree with test ideas,  I dang seldom do things to GLP standards for my own purposes,  not a lot of point in that level for us citizens.

Its interesting many mention queenless,  I see less problems in queenless hives  by a large percentage.  the lack of brood,  and more aggrasive bees seem to deter or delay beetle problems.  By the time the hive is small,  the resources they beetles really want have been consumed.  but that may have something to do with the way we manage hives than how others run them.
Mike  those Apithor traps are illegal  and they will not ship to the US.  it took me many calls to get samples.
Charles