From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 2009 06:27:52 -0400
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:14:56 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Many may not agree with the above and I am not interested in another
>discussion going over the same points ( Aaron smiles happily!) but only in
>pointing out my opinion and those of the hundreds of commercial beeks which
>are seeing hive loss.

Let me get this straight: you realize that many people do not agree with what you are
saying but you are not interested in hearing what they have to say but only interested in
hearing what you have to say and then end of discussion, please.

I would point out that there is no scientific backing for your position either so you can't
accuse others of not having scientific proof. Also, the statement "my opinion and those of
hundreds of commercial beeks" is also not proof of anything.

A case against imidacloprid was thrown out of court because it was based on similar
unsubstantiated claims. The plaintiffs had years to assemble a valid case and could not do
so.

Meanwhile, real scientific research points to harmful long-term effects of the use of in-
hive chemicals. SEE:

Synergistic Interactions Between In-Hive Miticides in Apis mellifera
REED M. JOHNSON,1 HENRY S. POLLOCK, AND MAY R. BERENBAUM
J. Econ. Entomol. 102(2): 474Ð479 (2009)