From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:57:03 +0000
Thanks Jerry

> We're not  recovering much Nosema from comb, we're finding it in the bees  themselves.

That seems to make sense, given that dysentery doesn't seem to be associated with N. ceranae.

That smell that Dave Thompson mentioned - does that link with Nosema?  Might it help early diagnosis?

Bob had some kind words about scientists this side of the pond.  Fortunately, we don't seem to be affected by N. ceranae in the UK on the same scale, yet, but it is here.  We've also lost a lot of scientific expertise particularly in bee pathology in recent years, so we may be relying more than before on research from elsewhere.

best wishes

Gavin