From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:29:45 -0500
, but her issue was with mono-culture that has reduced or eliminated the once native pollinators that lived in that area.

This is a example of taking things way out of context.   The "monoculture" argument is pretty bogus IMO.   Our  "Monoculture" cornfields normally have a great bloom of chickweed,  another 2 weeks later of yellow rocket, or mustard (depending on where you live)   as well as huge amounts of fall weeds that produce copious pollen.  All in all many cultivated fields produce for bees huge crops.(and other pollinators) some 2-3 times a season.  Compare that to the average woodlot,  slow  trickle of nectars and pollens depending on whats blooming.

Bees Bank food....  as we take advantage of....  to announce that cornfields Don't do anything for pollinators is pretty odd.   Anyone in doubt  email me,  I will send you pictures of hundreds of acres in bloom  bees working like crazy,  before corn or beans are planted.

Charles