Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:53:42 -0400
So far, from some posts on this list, it seems it is best to assume zero
risk from anything that might harm our bees, namely Imid, and restrict its
use, just to be safe.After all, we have no idea just what might happen from
different soil moisture contents, synergistic reactions between chemicals,
moon's phase and the state of grandma's ulcer.

The basis of the conclusive proof that there is a problem are anecdotal
pronouncements from some who had major Varroa problems and discounted them
as a cause of their bee loss. Go to court with that and you would lose.

My law "Anecdotal evidence trumps science every time" continues to be proven
true.

I admire people like Jerry who continue to post on this list. If you look at
all of his posts, they are measured and do not go rushing to judgment as
others in the CCD world have done and subsequently been shown to be wrong.

The jury is still out on if Imid is a problem. Bayer is working with
beekeeper's even as they clamor for Imid's discontinuance and even while
more and more evidence points to the real culprits. It is a real miracle
that they bother.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine