From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:09:12 -0400
Please note that our current formic application practices, which we take
for granted may become limited if the PMRA goes ahead with their
intended course of action.  If that happens, we may be find ourselves
with very few options.  I have addressed this issue, among others at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/ under today's date.

Consider the situation in the US, where many beekeepers are afraid to
source and use this fairly benign product due to unpredictable and
potentially draconian enforcement action, and feel constrained to use
an expensive, cumbersome commercial product if they want to use
formic at all.

See http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/articles/pro2009-01-eng.pdf
and be sure to comment to PMRA at http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/home-
accueil/contact/pmra-arla/pmrapub-eng.php if you don't like what you
see.

I am going by what I have heard on good authority, so am open to any
additional information and/or corrections.