From:
Brian Tamboline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:32:24 -0400
Randy, yes, the native species was definitely trying to eat the introduced species. The Grrrlz were up to the task, however, and only some hive reassembly was required.
I, and the bear cub perpetrator, were the ones who paid the highest price. I believe they stung the heck out of him immediately following his vandalism.
And then they tried to sting me to death while I put their hive back to correct orientation. They nailed me through my gauntlets multiple times. Very unusual, but they were motivated. They obviously did not recognize the Emergency Responder. Putting on PPE in a rush is no longer going to be 'order of the day'.
The bigger surprise was Momma bear on the patio, so that added an interesting dimension to the evening.
All ended well and no animals were harmed in the making of this movie. Except the cub was stung a lot. And me too.
Brian
53N, 115W, El.850M