From:
Rick and Kathy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:19:19 -0500
Rodney Farrar wrote:

> One of the locations where I have two hives the owner was asking if I carry
> any type of insurance if people get stung, etc., which I don't.

Rodney,
If you have Farm Bureau in VA (and I believe you do), members can get homeowners
insurance through Farm Family Insurance. I think they're a great insurance co.
for a hobbiest beekeeper, since they not only insure against accidental stings
from your bees, also provide some product liability for small volumes (i forget
the limits) of hive products.  We still write with Farm Family, but have had to
write an additional policy/rider since we've exceeded the product limits.
Good Luck,
Kathy