From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:54:10 -0400
> States CAN'T enforce FIFRA.

States certainly do enforce FIFRA.  Here's a very clear example from 2005,
where both state and federal laws were violated, and both the state of ND
and the feds fined various parties who thought that sodium cyanide(!) was a
good comb fumigant.  One beekeeper did not strap down the drums, and lost 3
drums off a truck.  The drums were found intact in a ditch, and luckily, no
one was hurt:

http://tinyurl.com/oadszxj

"...the state [of ND] already announced fines against the company and 10
beekeepers for illegally using sodium cyanide... about $190,000..."

So, the EPA enforces the "interstate" violations, while the states enforce
the in-state violations.  Misuse would be a state issue.

> We only need to look at the Income Tax regulations...
> Pete Hendrickson did write the book, Cracking the Code.
> the IRS has been giving refunds

This is not the forum for a discussion of this sort, but beekeeper beware
that book:  The very long and very sad tale of the author can be read here:
http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/peter-hendrickson

In short, the "refunds" were issued by the usual automated processing of tax
returns, but as the returns were fraudulent, they were reversed.

Some highlights:
3/3/92 pled guilty to one count of willfully failing to file an income tax
return and one count of conspiracy to place an incendiary device in the US
mail and sentenced to 21 months in prison.

He filed for Chapter 7 (liquidation) bankruptcy on November 4, 1996

4/19/10 he was found guilty on 10 counts of filing false documents with the
IRS, and was sentenced to 33 months in prison, ordered to pay a $25,000
fine, the costs of his prosecution, and $15,672 in restitution.  He was
released 6/13/12.