From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:36:24 -0500
Date sent:              Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:56:10 -0600
Send reply to:          [log in to unmask]
From:                   AL <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Mite losses in July/August
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> This is an angle I don't fully understand. It runs contrary to a notion
> of mite control in which the *absence* of drones leads to a reduced mite
> population. Absence of drones means absence of mite incubators - or at
> least the mite's preferred incubator. The drone cell size and the drone

Following this thread brings to mind a question I raised some time
ago and didn't get an answer. While I now agree with the premise
of reducing drones as a means of controlling Varroa mites.
         What are queen breeders to do? We need as many drones as
we can get, even to the point of raising drones from drone mother
hives.
        Any one got any suggestions?

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre, Owner
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>