Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:28:36 -0400
> The "EZ Lift is half aluminum which makes the dolly fairly light and has two settings. The upper setting is for moving hive bodies from pallet to pallet and the lower setting is for moving hives with bottom boards around.

Mann Lake's version can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/yzzktw2

The picture is not very good.  The description says, "With this ingenious steel hive truck, you can single-handedly move hundreds of pounds! By simply walking the cart into the first or second box of the colony, you can re-palletize, rotate boxes or move bees. The retractable hive catch slips easily into the hand holds for secure lifting and adjustments to lift deeps or shallows. Amazingly responsive, you can maneuver and adjust a colony with ease".

The picture is pretty poor and I cannot see how the "retractable hive catch slips easily into the hand holds" and how you get it out.  I also notice that the unit lifts hives from the side, which can cause the frames to swing to one side and crush bees.

Does anyone have better pictures?

Here are pictures of the hive mover I use.  It has a lever to grab and release the hive body.

http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/lift2.jpg
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2004/lift1.jpg

allen