From:
Al Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:17:29 -0500
On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:59:26 GMT Computer Software Solutions Ltd
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Eric - using the word hate in this discussion forum as you have used it
is not acceptable. It may have been done jocosely but this may not be
evident<

As my friend, "The Grump From The North-- :-)" periodically
reminds folks, there is always the alternative "Best Of BEE-L"
which is moderated (for relevant content).

Eric's error (?) here was quite simple. He forgot to put a
smiley in there after the word 'hate' I think that is generally
acceptable on the net to mean that the word 'hate' was not
meant to be taken literally. I did not have any problem with
what he meant.

The Monitor question has been discussed here many times
before, and the answer always works out to be 'Let freedom
reign'. It would be impossible to monitor because everyone's parameters
as to what is or is not acceptable differs too widely.

Much worse has crossed these wires in the past.

Also, as has been repeated here many times, there is always
the 'delete button'.

       <"Mailto: [log in to unmask]" >
            Scituate,Massachusetts,USA
 The Beehive- Educational Honey Bee Site