From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:18:28 -0700

> >I would however guess that the longer the time of exposure the more
> problems a hive is likely to experience since at some point the
> decontamination capacity of the hive will become compromised.

This is a common misconception.  The colony is CONSTANTLY exposed to
toxins-- natural plant secondary metabolites, environmental pollutants, and
often manmade pesticides.  Duration of chronic exposure only comes into
play if the the amount of toxins exceeds the bees' daily capacity for
detoxification.  Otherwise, all colonies would have died long ago due to
their constant exposure to plant toxins.

Think almonds, with their huge amount of toxic amygdalin in the nectar and
pollen.  If your hypothesis were true, no colony would survive almond
pollination.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA