From:
"W. G. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:09:15 -0400
Many beekeepers (myself among them) don't normally wear gloves because quitre
frankly they are hot and clumsy.  We still get an occaisonal hand sting, but
that is OK.

That said, gloves (or something like them) are required for handling Apistan
strips, and I use gloves for handling the occaisonal rotten colony (usually
to requeen it to make it more gentle).

you use them less and less as you gain experience.

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD