From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:30:36 -0500
> >But these "conservation set-asides" are more a way to subsidize large
> corporate farms than they are a way to actually foster pollinators.

Below is a link to the Illinois program started and promoted as conservation cover. We have a new one coming called the pollinator program,
If you look closely at the requirements to the landowner including initial fertilization and soil ph balancing,  as well as yearly manitiance and monitoring,  you quickly realize its not a great subsidy.

http://efotg.sc.egov.usda.gov/references/public/WI/327.pdf

I personally know of 4 different tracts put into the pollinator program.  All of which are small lots farmed by big guys.  One farms 2600 acres,  and hes taken the time to enroll 6 acres on the side to this program.   Belive me when I tell you the effort required to participate  with 6 acres was not worth the tax break he got.  He has more acreage than that round the barns that nothing is done with.

Charles