Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:15:09 -0600
Quoted material:
">IF we have not generated our own and we HAVE INDEED imported some,
who is responsible?

Does it really matter?  Fixing blame does not deal with the problem
at hand namely dealing with antibiotic resistant AFB.  It might be
comforting but it is mostly a waste of time and effort when we must
deal with the problem at hand..."

Now my response:

If we imported the problem, then knowing who, how, why and when could be very
valuable information in helping us not to import these kinds of problems in
the future.  We might as well NOT KEEP IMPORTING the problems if there is a
way to avoid doing so.  Of course, we have to deal with the problem at hand,
but if the problem WAS imported, then knowing how it came to be imported would
be very valuable information to help us prevent the same or a similar
occurrence from happening in the future.  Just my two cents worth.

Layne Westover
College Station, Texas, U.S.A.