From:
John Sturman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:50:06 -0400
Hi All,

My bee club is having our annual dinner and we decided to have a honey tasting
to see what other beekeepers are producing.  This will be a great opportunity
for us to sample honeys from around our region side by side.  The Catskill
Mountain Beekeepers Club has members from farm land at sea level as well as us
mountaintop dwellers that live at about 1500 feet.  There is a wide range of
producers from one-hive hobbyists to commercial pollinators.

I am looking for tips and suggestions as to how to guide the members in
constructively sampling, and comparing flavors, appearance, etc. of the
different honeys.  What have other clubs done in the past?  I ma looking forward
to comments.

John Sturman
Blue Moon Farm
Lexington, NY