From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 05:44:28 -0400
a Mr Fisher snip...
Regardless of how one wishes to rationalize their beliefs, we are forced to
sum up our knowledge as a "belief" or "worldview".

my comments...
some folks of course are 'looking for the truth' even thought this belief system is pretty naive.  basically as many of us know 'scientific truth' changes with the addition of more information or the ability to model more complex systems.  although ignored by some... science and the belief in science is still a system of values (call it a belief system or world view and those words work equally as well.

even from the front side of the introduction of things like neonics there is a long conversation on the cost and benefits of these sorts of products and economics is also very much a belief system also.