From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:42:34 -0000
>In this context it generally means higher standard of living.

Which takes more from the environment in most cases?

>improved yield

Taking more from the environment?

>technology

Generally designed to take rather than give?

>medical advances

Keeping more humans alive?

>human rights protection

With you on that one.

>I'm also betting you will get the same results anytime there is
any significant economic downturn, and I bet you never get those results
when the economy is booming.

UK economy is looking pretty good at the moment in my opinion.  Government
is tackling the core problems, retail has just had its best ever year and
the FTSE looks good.  Of course the last Conservative government did the
same thing then, having sorted out the mess, handed it all back to Labour to
foul up again!

But now we are getting into politics, so after a quick slap on the wrist I
shall leave it there before religion rears its ugly head!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W

Jeremy