From:
Paul Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:25:31 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Garth
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Hi All/Ian
>
>Ian you mentioned a quote from The Hive and the Honey Bee in which it
>is stated that monticula remain pretty much segregated as a race from
>scutellata despite seasonal migratory practices etc - 1961 and
>another quote by Ruttner -1988.
<snip>

I thought that the whole point about that segment was that a.m.
monticola was NOT the only race found above a certain hight on Mt.
Kilimanjaro and that there was inter-breeding. It seemed to me that the
message was that it was ENVIRONMENT (i.e. no interference from
predators) rather than GENETICS that made the monticola less aggressive.

--
Paul Walton
Bedfordshire, England